- Deep and piled foundations
- Shallow and raft foundations
- Settlement / ground movement
- Gravity and embedded retaining walls
- Basements and deep excavations
- Optioneering / value engineering alternatives
- Slopes and embankments
- Soil structure interaction & numerical modelling
- Ground improvement
- Ground reinforcement using ground anchors and nails
Richard has over 25 years experience in Geotechnical Engineering, a PhD and is a Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers. Before becoming independent in 2012, he was a Technical Director for major engineering consultancies. Richard has extensive expertise and has been responsible for the geotechnical aspects of numerous wide-ranging and challenging projects, as well as experience directing multi-disciplinary design teams.
To view Richard Grant's CV please visit our Downloads Page.
Mark has been working in the profession for over 15 years and is a Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers. He has considerable experience as the geotechnical lead in multi-disciplinary teams, interfacing with other professional disciplines to ensure fully co-ordinated designs. Mark is highly skilled in analytical geotechnical techniques including numerical analyses (Finite Element Analysis-FEA) to model soil-structure interaction.
To view Mark Brown's CV please visit our Downloads Page.